About Soft Tissue Therapy
The Sports Massage Association (SMA) defines soft tissue therapy as:
The management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments. It is applicable not just to sports people but to anybody wishing to guard against or recover from a soft tissue injury.
By combining advanced sports and remedial massage techniques with my personal training and corrective exercise knowledge and by drawing on my years of personal fitness experience, I provide a thorough and results oriented soft tissue therapy service.
Who’s it for?
The short answer is, anyone and everyone!
You don’t need to be an elite athlete, injured or even very active at all to benefit from soft tissue therapy.
The fact is virtually ANY activity done regularly can take its toll on the body over time and soft tissue therapy is great at preventing, rehabilitating and treating imbalance and injury.
Soft tissue therapy has numerous physiological benefits to all the systems of the body. If you are interested (Click here) If you’d rather skip to the summary of what it means for you, see below.
- Prevention and rehabilitation of muscle and joint imbalance, injury, aches and pains.
- Improved sporting performance
- Enhanced recovery
- Improved posture
- General health benefits, such as improved sleep, reduced stress, more efficient removal of toxins and metabolic waste products.
Among many other things it can help with
- Preparing for and recovering from sporting events
- Reducing the chance of injury during periods of hard training
- Recovering from injury
- Many common ailments, including, but not limited to, back, neck and shoulder pain and various forms of tendonitis and RSIs etc.
Plus, massage just feels great!
So whether you’re a competitive or recreational athlete, keen gym goer, work with your hands, behind a desk or spend your days running around after ‘the little ones’ you can benefit from soft tissue therapy.